Happy leap day! I hope you’ve been able to get some reading done this month as well as other productive stuff. Here’s what I did this month.
- Take the Fall by Emily Hainsworth (review)
- The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig (review)
- Bluescreen (Mirador #1) by Dan Wells (review + giveaway)
- Air Awakens (Air Awakens #1) by Elise Kova (review)
- A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes #1) by Brittany Cavallaro (review)
- The Leaving Season by Cat Jordan (review)
- Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie (review)
- I participated in the 2016 Love-A-Thon! If you don’t know, the Love-A-Thon is an annual 48-hour event in which bloggers/booktubers/bookstagrammers celebrate the online book community! You can check out my posts here.
- I participated in the Truthwitch Read-Along, hosted by the Waterwitch Babes. Find my discussion posts here!
- I also discussed my thoughts on consent in YA fiction and why it matters.
- I wrote about whether there is too much romance in YA fantasy novels.
- I developed a graphic designing system; I’m willing to make bookmarks/business cards/graphics for your blog!
Reviews: Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers | Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman | Reign of Shadows (Reign of Shadows #1) by Sophie Jordan | The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire #1) by C.J. Redwine | Elementals: The Prophecy of Shadows (Elementals #1) by Michelle Madow | Air Awakens (Air Awakens #1) by Elise Kova | Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin | A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes #1) by Brittany Cavallaro | Bluescreen (Mirador #1) by Dan Wells | The Leaving Season by Cat Jordan | Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie
- Every Day by David Levithan (thank you to Emily @ Emily Reads Everything! I made her some graphics in return for this book!)
- Thicker Than Water by Kelly Fiore (courtesy of HarperCollins; thank you!)
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys (Thank you, Penguin!)
- Shatter Me & Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers
- The Impostor Queen (ARC) by Sarah Fine
- We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson (Thank you, Simon & Schuster!)
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
- The Island (eARC) by S. Usher Evans (not pictured)
I’m really excited to read these new titles! I’m going to be participating in the Irish Banana Tour for The Way I Used to Be, in which I’ll be coming up with a playlist for you on April 1st (not a joke!) and I’ve heard pretty good things about The Great Hunt and Beyond the Red so I’m excited to dive in.
On the blog:
- HarperTeen Summer 2016 Blog Tour, in which I’ll be spotlighting We Were Never Here by Jennifer Gilmore! (There will be giveaways!)
- The Way I Used To Be by Amber Smith | Blog Tour
- I’m getting my driver’s license (hopefully)! I have it scheduled in mid-March, and I’m desperately hoping I’ll pass.
- Also, I’m taking a CPR class towards the end of March; it was offered to my volunteering group, so I’m really excited to start!
How was your month? What books did you read/obtain? Link me to your post or comment below!