A while ago, I was asked by a newbie blogger to post a few tips to book blogging (or blogging in general)! As I’ve been here as a blogger for nearly 2 years, I feel as if I have a tinge of understanding towards blogging. Here are some of my own tips for newbie bloggers!
- Know what you want out of your blog. Blogging can be hard business. Let’s get that straight. It takes time and effort in each of your posts and it takes work. So, make sure you have a goal as to what you want to do with your blog. If you want to use your blog exclusively to comment on others, if you want to post every day, if you want to post once in a blue moon, you should know what you want to do with your blog.
- Time management is key. Many people have lives outside of blogging, like work or school. I’m heading towards college in the fall, so I don’t think I’ll be blogging too much. I’ll try to blog, or get some co-bloggers, but ultimately, I value my schoolwork over my blog. By the way, if you’re interested in co-blogging, let me know!!!!! Drop a comment below or something; I’ll probably make a post about co-bloggers if I get some interest!
- Be patient. I know blogging for followers and people who actually read your blog is a big thing, but followers don’t grow overnight. Take time to build a stable foundation/schedule for your blog, and followers will come. Trust me on this.
- Good grammar is also key. No one wants to read a blog where there’s spelling and grammar mistakes every other word. This is blunt, but that’s the truth. Make sure you check over your words, and make it something people will actually want to read! Pretty graphics and organized format is something that hooks people pretty easily. (Edit 6/30/17: For this tip, I only meant for people who do speak English as a first language. For bloggers who speak English as a second or third language, I have so much admiration – keep doing what you’re doing! Writing is a great way to improve your fluency!)
- Have fun! Like I said before, blogging can be tough business. As a result, it’s not something you should (obviously you can) do if you’re not having fun. Blogging should be something you do to relax and have fun, not a chore.