Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. You can find it more information here.
This week’s topic is all about the past and future; I decided to list top ten of my favorite futuristic/dystopian/post-apocalyptic books!
1. Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan | Although this is more of a fairy tale retelling, this novel has some dark futuristic aspects.
2. Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers | This book’s setting is that of which murder and assassination is considered lawful.
3. Angelfall by Susan Ee | One of my favorite books, this novel tells of a girl who attempts survival of a angel post-apocalypse.
4. Divergent by Veronica Roth | As you probably already know, Divergent’s setting is that of a futuristic dystopian society.
5. Enclave by Ann Aguirre | Set in another post-apocalyptic time period, Enclave is an incredibly engrossing read.
6. The Host by Stephenie Meyer | This book also has a post-apocalyptic setting in which aliens, known as “souls,” have taken over the world.
7. The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey | This wonderfully-written and witty book also has a futuristic, alien post-apocalypse as its setting.
8. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis | This novel also has a post-apocalyptic setting, but the main characters don’t adventure much outside of their home.
9. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff | Possibly the most hyped up books of 2015 (which I still haven’t read), Illuminae has a really intriguing setting (at least that’s what I hear).
10. The 100 by Kass Morgan | Probably some of my favorite books and favorite show, The 100 has a setting of the aftermath of a nuclear post-apocalypse.