Okay, so… Hi, y’all! I know the Arctic Books team has been unexpectedly quiet this past month. As much as we wanted to avoid a hiatus, we couldn’t help but take a short break to take better care of ourselves. Some of us went to school to focus on studies, while the others, myself included, had to work hard to maintain a day job—one that can sustain my expensive book addiction. *laughs*
So anyway, let’s get this recap started!
- Review for Anger Is A Gift by Mark Oshiro
- Review for From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon
- Review for Furyborn by Claire Legrand
May has been a great reading month for me. I read a total of 9 (!!!) books, and I really enjoyed all of them.
As for my most favorite read for the month of May, I’d have to go with Check, Please!: #Hockey mainly because it’s such an engagingly heartfelt graphic novel that’s equal parts humor AND swoon! Other noteworthy titles include Leah On The Offbeat, From Twinkle, With Love, Anger Is A Gift, and The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik!
In terms of bookish acquisitions, though, May has been a fantastic month for me. Once again, I’ve been spoiled by some of the publishers that I’m working with, and received lots of books for review and I couldn’t be more grateful for once again getting my hands on some amazingly exciting titles. Let’s get this book haul started!
The Sponsored Stack
Review copies from Hachette / The NOVL:
- (Paperback) Stalking Jack The Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- (Hardcover) Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
- (ARC) Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan (Out November 6th!)
Review copies from Disney Book Group:
- (Hardcover) The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
- (Hardcover) As Old As Time by Liz Braswell
Review copies from First Second Books:
- (Paperback) All Summer Long by Hope Larson
- (Paperback) Be Prepared by Vera Brosgol
- (e-ARC) Check, Please!: #Hockey by Ngozi Ukazu (not pictured)
The National Book Store // Book Outlet Stack
Books from Book Outlet:
- (Hardcover) The Victoria In My Head by Janelle Milanes
- (Hardcover) Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton
- (Hardcover) Kids of Appetite by David Arnold
Books from National Bookstore:
- (Hardcover) Aru Shah and The End of Time by Roshani Chokshi
- (Hardcover) After The Shot Drops by Randy Ribay
- (Hardcover) Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi
The #romanceclass Stack
Books from #romanceclass:
- Finding X by Miles Tan
- Love Your Frenemies by Mina V. Esguerra
- Love at First Run by Angel C. Aquino
- One Crazy Summer by Ines Bautista-Yao
- That Kind of Guy by Mina V. Esguerra
- Chasing Mindy by Carla De Guzman
- What You Wanted by Mina V. Esguerra
Now for all the thanks…
- Thank you to Penguin Random House International, Hachette / Little, Brown / The NOVL, Disney Book Group, and First Second Books for sending me tons of books for review. I already read through some of the titles I received and will be in touch with my review!
- Thank you to National Book Store for reserving so many books for me. They had my copy of Emergency Contact on hold for almost a month now, I think, and I’m just so grateful for their accommodating service.
- Thank you to my friend, Soleil, for allowing me to buy my Book Outlet purchases through her services.
What’s YOUR latest bookish purchase? How about your most favorite read for the month of May? Let me know how your month was by leaving a comment down below!
JM is a 21 year old blogger from Manila. He has a degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management mainly because it was too late when he discovered that literature and publishing is his true calling. He enjoys reading contemporary and fantasy novels as much as he enjoys playing video games and baking pastries. You may find him on his book blog, Book Freak Revelations, also on Twitter, Instagram, & Goodreads.