One of my most treasured items is my travel journal from London. I love being able to look through it and remember the things I experienced there. If you love traveling, I suggest seriously keeping a travel journal. Not sure how to begin a travel journal? Allow me to help!
THINGS TO BUY/GATHER:
- A Journal// This is kind of an obvious one, but you’re going to need a journal! I used an unlined moleskin journal, but those can be pretty pricey ($10-40 depending). I’m sure you can find a cheaper alternative at Target, Walmart, Staples, etc.
- Pens// You could use pencils or something else, but I prefer using different colored pens. My favorite are the Paper Mate Flair Felt Tip Pens.
- Tape (or Glue)//I used double sided tape but really any tape works! Scotch double sided tape is surprisingly pricey ($3+ for one). I found a generic brand double sided tape for 99 cents. Woohoo!
- Scrapbooking Stickers//(Optional) For my trip, I bought some traveling stickers to decorate empty spaces.
- Washi Tape//(Optional) I used washi tape to make my pages more decorative even though the normal tape holds it down.
- Polaroid Camera//(Optional) If you can afford it, investing in a Polaroid camera is seriously so worth it. It’s a nice way to capture a memory immediately, and you can store it in your travel journal.
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR JOURNAL:
- Write About Your Day(s)// This seems like a pretty ‘duh’ one, but make sure you write about your day! Write down specific things you may forget like restaurant names, tour guide names, the smells, the weather, people you encountered, etc.
- Ticket Stubs//One of my favorite things about my London travel journal are my ticket stubs! While I was there, I saw Les Mis and Phantom of the Opera so it’s nice addition to the journal.
- Brochures and/or Pamphlets// One cool thing about including Brochures/Pamphlets is that they’re FREE! A lot of museums and shows have them, so why not grab a few for keepsake?
- Little Things You Collect// I made this pretty vague, so I could explain! Anything small you grab makes the journal special. After all, it is your journal! Tea bags, receipts, guided tour stickers, a really pretty leaf you found on the ground, etc.
- Postcard(s)// Recently, I have been obsessed with postcards. They’re usually only $.50-$2 and such a great way to remember different things you saw on your trip. They also make a great addition to your travel journal.
Liv is a 16 year old book blogger who resides in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, petting cats, and listening to musicals.