As it’s nearing the end of the year (once again! how!!!), it seems fitting that I, Alice, should discuss a few of my favorite books that I’ve read this year. I find that this is always fun to do, since I love looking back at the books I’ve read in preparation for future reading! Without further ado, here are my top 8 books I’ve read this year!
1. HOW TO MAKE A WISH // I loved the bisexual representation in this novel, and I can’t wait to read more of Ashley’s words.
2. THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER // I can’t believe it took me this long to read this series, but when I started, I marathoned through all three. I loved it.
3. THE END OF OUR STORY // This novel deals with a lot of tough topics, but I really enjoyed the emotional impact. I didn’t know I enjoyed second chance romances this much.
4. FURTHERMORE // Of course I loved Tahereh’s middle grade. I’ll read WHICHWOOD eventually, I swear.
5. STARFISH // This is probably the most profound, artistic, beautiful book I’ve ever read. It follows a biracial artist as she figures out her family, friendship, and romance.
6. GODSGRAVE // An action-packed sequel to NEVERNIGHT, GODSGRAVE kicked my ass in the best way.
7. STRANGE THE DREAMER // This book contained dreamy, luscious writing, and I can’t wait to pick up THE MUSE OF NIGHTMARES.
8. GIRLS MADE OF SNOW AND GLASS // A feminist, more gay retelling of Snow White, this book is not one to miss.
Alice is an 18 year old college student who loves the oxford comma, television shows, and the company of dogs. She finds writing in the third person odd yet enjoyable. You can find her scrolling through Twitter, Instagram, and forever organizing her shelves on Goodreads.
What are a few of your favorite books of this year? Let me know in the comments below!