Hi, you guys! JM here. It’s that time of the month again when I try to share with everyone all the books that I got for the past month! August was a fairly mild book buying month for me mainly because I opted to buy myself a new phone. It’s been 7 years since I bought one, and I thought it was just fitting since I also celebrated my 1-year working anniversary last July. Anyway, you guys, I’m extremely pleased to introduce to you my new buddy, Mateo!
Hi y’all! So today, after years of having fun with my previous phone, I got myself a new one! And I’m naming him Mateo. Say hello! 👋🏼 pic.twitter.com/tzZyo3J2vp
— JM @ BFR 📚 (@JMCabraal) September 1, 2017
Why name him Mateo, you ask? Well, it just so happens that I cannot move on from Adam Silvera’s latest book, They Both Die At The End (my review’s already up if you want to check it out), and I loved one of his characters who was named Mateo.
Mateo and I will be working together closely to bring you more content here on Arctic Books as well as on my own blog, Book Freak Revelations, and I can’t wait to share with you guys all the output we’ll be able to produce, so stay tuned!
But enough about that! Let’s move on to the actual book haul!
August 2017 Haul
The Shipping Cart Haul
Review Copies from FierceReads:
- Alexander Hamilton, Revolutionary by Martha Brockenbrough
- Finding You by Lydia Albano
- The 57 Bus by Dashka Slater
- You Bring The Distant Near by Mitali Perkins
- Samplers of Renegades by Marissa Meyer, First Second Books, and Because I Was A Girl edited by Melissa De La Cruz.
Hardcover Books I bought from Amazon:
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
- The Secret of A Heart Note by Stacey Lee
The #GoReadWrite2017 Haul
Books signed by Pierce Brown and Mark Z. Danielewski
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
- Morning Star by Pierce Brown
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
Books ordered from Book Outlet:
- Because You’ll Never Meet Me by Leah Tomas
- The Anatomical Shape of A Heart by Jenn Bennett
- Borrowed ARC of Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
- Interim Goddess of Love Trilogy by Mina V. Esguerra
More info about this stack, and my #GoReadWrite2017 experience can be found on my event recap here.
More review copies from publishers!
Review copies from Penguin Random House International:
- Love, Hate, and Other Filters by Samira Ahmed
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins
Review copy from Abrams Books / Kaye Publicity
- Water in May by Ismee Williams
September 2017 Haul
September’s a completely different story, if you haven’t noticed yet. This month was when the 38th Manila International Book Fair was held at the SMX Convention Center, Pasay City. (That’s here in the Philippines!) And yes, you guessed it right. I went to the fair and bought a bunch of books.
The #MIBF2017 Haul
Books from the National Book Store Booth:
- Lucky In Love by Kasie West
- Miles Morales: Spider-man by Jason Reynolds
Books from the Fully Booked Booth:
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
More info about this stack, and my #MIBF2017 and #JennyandSiobhaninPH experience can be found on my event recap here.
#JoinTheRenegades Package from Fierce Reads!
Last August, I was invited by the @FierceReads team to be a part of the blog tour they’re hosting for Marissa Meyer’s upcoming novel, Renegades! They sent me this amazing package which contained a review copy of the book, as well as sets of Renegades and Anarchists pins. My tour stop is on October 24th, so stay tuned for my review! And lastly…
Some (MORE) review copies!
(More) review copies from Penguin Random House International:
- The John Green Collection
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
- All We Can Do Is Wait by Richard Lawson
- Down and Across by Arvin Ahmadi
- Reign of The Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh
As always, thank you to the lovely people who sent review copies of several books my way, mainly: Macmillan USA / FierceReads, Harper Voyager UK, Penguin Random House International, and Abrams Books / Kaye Publicity. Y’all are awesome, and kind, and extremely generous! I look forward to working more with you all in the future. 🙂
What’s your recent / favorite bookish purchase for the month of August and September? Tell me all about it via the comments section below!
JM is a 21 year old blogger from Manila. He has a degree in Hotel and Restaurant Managment mainly because it was too late when he discovered that literature and publishing is his true calling. He enjoys reading contemporary and fantasy novels as much as he enjoys playing video games and baking pastries. You may find him on Twitter, Instagram, and on Goodreads.