I’m horrible at introductions. I’m going to give this a shot, though. I’m not throwing away my shot! I’m sorry for that pun. Anyway…Hello, everyone! My name is Liv, and I’m a blogger at curlyhairbibliophile! If you can’t tell from the title, I am one of Arctic Books’ new co-blogger! I’m so thrilled I was selected to join the team. I’ve loved Alice’s blog since I started blogging, and I can’t wait to be a part of it! For my introduction post, I thought I’d give you ten facts about myself so you can get to know me a little better!
- I’ve been blogging since January 2016! I started my blog as a New Year’s Resolution, and I like to say I’ve kept up with it pretty well.
- As of July 2017, I live in central Pennsylvania! Pennsylvania has not been my only home, though. I have lived in the following states: California, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Oklahoma.
- I’m a huge introvert! I really love meeting new people, but it also terrifies me! Book events and Drama related functions are the only places where I’m comfortable outside of my shell. My goal for this upcoming year is to try and break this!
- I have one older brother who’s a sophomore in college! He goes to school about twenty hours away from me. We have a Snapchat streak. I also have two cats, one dog, and a rabbit. The cats are named Shadow and Sheldon. Sheldon is an orange tabby cat who is incredibly clever; Shadow is a black cat with round, green eyes.
- I also love musicals! I generally don’t perform in them, but I love working backstage for the show. I also love seeing them and listening to them. I’ve seen Waitress, Hamilton, Kinky Boots, Les Miserables, and Phantom of The Opera professionally live. I’m hoping to see Natasha, Pierre and The Great Comet of 1812 and Dear Evan Hansen soon! Some of my favorite shows are Spring Awakening, Natasha, Pierre and The Great Comet of 1812, Les Miserables, Hamilton, Kinky Boots, and Waitress!
- When I was younger, I collected American Girl dolls! I have a ridiculous amount (I’m not even saying how many). I also made Youtube videos with my dolls. I didn’t show my face, and I used a fake name so you can’t find me.
- I love reading, but I am a rather slow reader. I’ve only finished 26 books so far this year. Some of my favorite authors are Becky Albetalli, Adam Silvera, Nicola Yoon, Angie Thomas, and Ruta Sepetys!
- I have pittakionophobia! You’ve probably never heard of it because it’s pretty rare. I have a phobia of stickers. I can’t stand to be around stickers in certain situations (examples: peeling a sticker off of a fruit, a sticker stuck to a shirt/body part, etc).
- Since I lived in California, I went to Disneyland A LOT. We only lived two hours from the park. I have probably been to Disneyland over fifteen times. No lie.
- My first book event was a book signing with Ernest Cline for the release of Armada. I guess you could say that started it all 🙂
I hope you enjoyed those little facts about myself! What kind of posts would you like me to do? Do you have any other questions for me? You can leave them down in the comments, and I’ll reply!
Thanks for reading everyone! Again, I’m so ecstatic to be a co-blogger here! If you’d like to contact me, feel free to shoot me a DM on Twitter or you can leave a comment. I’ll be sure to check the comments on my posts frequently, so I can interact as much as possible. See you in my next post!