Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. You can find it more information here.
2016 was filled with my exploration of new authors and books, and it’s safe to say that I’ve read a multitude of new authors! Thus, here are Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2016!
1. Leigh Bardugo | I’ve had her books on my TBR for the longest time, and now I only have two more books of her series (ironically, the last books of SOC and Grisha) to read.
2. Victoria Aveyard | Since Aveyard is also a debut, it’s not that bad that I hadn’t read RED QUEEN until this year, but I’m glad I read her books; I really enjoyed it despite the conflicting opinions on this series.
3. Sarah J. Maas | This year also marked the year when I first started reading her books. I’m caught up with her ACOTAR series and now I’m working on getting through the TOG books.
4. Amy Ewing | I absolutely adored this series, and I can’t wait to get my hands on THE BLACK KEY. I’m really glad I picked this series up! And for any of you wondering, no, it’s not part of the SELECTION series.
5. Jay Kristoff | There’s always been so much hype around Mr. Jay Kristoff, and I was really impressed with this book!
6. Sophie Jordan | I didn’t know what to expect when I picked this book up, but I really enjoyed this one! I’m looking forward to reading more of this author!
7. Suzanne Young | I know Young has THE PROGRAM series, but I haven’t picked those up yet. However, I did pick up ALL THE PIECES, and I’m hoping to read her other books soon!
8. Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows | This year marked the first time I’ve picked up any of these authors’ books and I’m thrilled it was this one. MLJ is easily one of my favorites of this year.
9. Samantha Shannon | I’m glad I picked one of Shannon’s books up; I may or may not pick up the next book. Who knows?
10. S. Usher Evans | Sush is one of my favorite indie authors; she’s so funny and kind on Twitter, and I’m glad I had the opportunity to read her books!