I haven’t done a book tag in quite a while, so I thought it would be fun to do a tag today! I wasn’t tagged in this
because I have no shame at all, rather I just found a tag on mylittlebookblog that I thought looked fun. Without further ado, let’s get started!
1. What was the last book you read?
At the time I’m writing up this post, END OF DAYS by Susan Ee.
2. Was it a good one?
3. What made it good?
Although I read WORLD AFTER nearly a year ago, it was very fast paced and entertaining. Ee has a knack for writing amazing action scenes.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
Yes! If you like post-apocalyptic books and sassy main characters, you may love this one!
5. How often do you read?
I usually try to read a few chapters each night before I go to bed.
6. Do you like to read?
7.What was the last bad book you read?
I hate calling books “bad” but the last book that I gave a low rating was ESSENTIAL MAPS FOR THE LOST by Deb Caletti.
8. What made you dislike it?
It just wasn’t for me, I suppose.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Unfortunately, no. I feel like I’m just better with absorbing words than actually expressing them.
10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?
11. Do you read fan fiction?
12. Do you write fan fiction?
13. What’s your favorite book?
SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi.
14. What’s your least favorite book?
Recently, IN COLD BLOOD by Truman Capote. (It just didn’t click with me.)
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I do love my physical books but I read faster on a Kindle and it’s definitely more efficient.
16. When did you learn to read?
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
PERFUME: THE STORY OF A MURDERER by Patrick Suskind.
18. What is your favorite book series?
19. Who is your favorite author?
20. What is your favorite genre?
Probably YA fantasy and/or romance.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Warner from SHATTER ME.
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
THE HOST by Stephanie Meyer.
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
I usually like book series, so I guess none.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
Around three days.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
I feel like I can’t really answer this one because I don’t think movie adaptations are necessary to be absolutely identical to the book upon which it is based—a lot of authors who work as producers also say that books are separate entities from the movie or show counterparts, so I don’t know how to answer this one.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
Possibly THE HOST!
29. Do you read newspapers?
30: Do you read magazines?
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
32. Do you read while in bed?
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
34. Do you read while in the car?
Not really because it gives me headaches.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
36. Are you a fast reader?
37. Are you a slow reader?
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Sometimes if I can’t connect with the book.
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
My dad? I’m not sure.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
THIS SAVAGE SONG by Victoria Schwab.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Erin Hunter, author of the WARRIOR cat series.
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Sush (aka S. Usher Evans)!!!! ❤
47.What book have you reread the most?
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
The books that are considered literary masterpieces by critics, I suppose.
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
Books like TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee. Books that teach a message.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don’t think any books should be banned tbh.