I haven’t done a book tag in quite a while, so I thought it would be fun to do a tag today! I wasn’t tagged in this
because I have no shame at all, rather I just found a tag on mylittlebookblog that I thought looked fun. Without further ado, let’s get started!
1. What was the last book you read?
At the time I’m writing up this post, END OF DAYS by Susan Ee.
2. Was it a good one?
3. What made it good?
Although I read WORLD AFTER nearly a year ago, it was very fast paced and entertaining. Ee has a knack for writing amazing action scenes.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
Yes! If you like post-apocalyptic books and sassy main characters, you may love this one!
5. How often do you read?
I usually try to read a few chapters each night before I go to bed.
6. Do you like to read?
7.What was the last bad book you read?
I hate calling books “bad” but the last book that I gave a low rating was ESSENTIAL MAPS FOR THE LOST by Deb Caletti.
8. What made you dislike it?
It just wasn’t for me, I suppose.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Unfortunately, no. I feel like I’m just better with absorbing words than actually expressing them.
10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?
11. Do you read fan fiction?
12. Do you write fan fiction?
13. What’s your favorite book?
SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi.
14. What’s your least favorite book?
Recently, IN COLD BLOOD by Truman Capote. (It just didn’t click with me.)
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I do love my physical books but I read faster on a Kindle and it’s definitely more efficient.
16. When did you learn to read?
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
PERFUME: THE STORY OF A MURDERER by Patrick Suskind.
18. What is your favorite book series?
19. Who is your favorite author?
20. What is your favorite genre?
Probably YA fantasy and/or romance.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Warner from SHATTER ME.
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
THE HOST by Stephanie Meyer.
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
I usually like book series, so I guess none.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
Around three days.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
I feel like I can’t really answer this one because I don’t think movie adaptations are necessary to be absolutely identical to the book upon which it is based—a lot of authors who work as producers also say that books are separate entities from the movie or show counterparts, so I don’t know how to answer this one.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
Possibly THE HOST!
29. Do you read newspapers?
30: Do you read magazines?
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
32. Do you read while in bed?
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
34. Do you read while in the car?
Not really because it gives me headaches.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
36. Are you a fast reader?
37. Are you a slow reader?
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Sometimes if I can’t connect with the book.
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
My dad? I’m not sure.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
THIS SAVAGE SONG by Victoria Schwab.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Erin Hunter, author of the WARRIOR cat series.
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Sush (aka S. Usher Evans)!!!! ❤
47.What book have you reread the most?
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
The books that are considered literary masterpieces by critics, I suppose.
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
Books like TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee. Books that teach a message.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don’t think any books should be banned tbh.
26 thoughts on “The Fifty Bookish Questions Book Tag”
This was a cool tag to read through. Also now I know that you really really love Shatter Me. Now I feel compelled to read it. Also, 3 days is a great amount of time for reading. I usually need a week myself since I don’t have lots of reading time.
Ah, thanks so much! I hope you read it soon; it’s amazing!
What I’m getting out of this is that you really love Shatter Me hahaha I just bought a copy for my Kindle last month, hopefully I’ll get to read it soon. I’ve been meaning to read it for years but somehow, I never have.
Ah, haha, I’ve heard that a lot 😉 I hope you love it as much as I do!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Just like the others, your theme here is you LOVE Shatter Me. I haven’t read this book, but now I must check it out.
Ah, haha, it totally is. Hope you love it!
[…] have never done a book tag before but I stumbled across this fun little one on arcticbooks and figured that I’d give it a go. So without further […]
LikeLiked by 1 person
This Savage Song is WONDERFUL! I hope you are able to get to it soon, and that you love it as much as I did!
I actually read it recently and unfortunately, I didn’t really like it. 😦
I loved reading through this bookish tag it was pretty cool! Some weird questions, some interesting and some just that I don’t think needed to be included (reading on the toilet??? :P) But I loved it all!
Haha, I totally agree!
Interesting questions and great answers, I really enjoyed reading through this! I also think your enthusaism towards Shatter Me has nearly convinced me to finally read the book!
Thank you Alecia! I really hope you love it!
I also get really dizzy when I read in the car which sucks because I could spend that time reading. Anyway, I love your answers to this tag, you made me want to pick up Shatter Me 😀
Thank you! I hope you love it as much as I do!
Interesting book tag, I had not come across these questions before. Some of them flowed together and others were jarring. I frequently read a book in just one day so I guess I’m a really fast reader!
That’s really fast! Thanks for commenting!
I loved this book tag! Thanks for sharing. It helped to share more about you in an fun way.
While I agree To Kill a Mockingbird is a classic, I’d like to see schools incorporate more contemporary books in their curriculum. My cousin mentioned he had to read To Kill a Mockingbird this summer. I was assigned that same summer reading 16 years ago. My mom chimed in she had to read in it school too. There are so many amazing books being published all the time. I wish schools would make a more conscious effort of keeping up with contemporary literature.
Thank you so much! I agree, I hadn’t really appreciated it before but now I would definitely recommend it to other readers! Thanks for commenting!
[…] did the Fifty Bookish Questions Book Tag, which was fun, but […]
Hey Ali. I am going to do this tag, will note your blog when doing so. Fun read, and I agree with you, I also wanted a sequel to The Host, by Stephanie Meyer. Enjoyed reading yours…
Great! Can’t wait to read your answers!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Done, let me know what you thought. – https://blogginwriting.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/the-fifty-bookish-questions-book-tag/
Hi! I’ve never done a tag before but you have inspired me to follow your lead. I am a fellow blogger and will be posting my answers on BookItForward.WordPress.com
[…] love doing posts like this. I found this from Arctic Books, and I thought this would be a fun way for y’all to understand my reading habit and why I […]