I’ve fallen in love with Hamilton, the musical, and I thought it would be a great idea to participate in the book tag associated with the musical. Let’s get started!
1. The Room Where It Happens: A book you would put yourself in
I recently read BEYOND THE RED by Ava Jae, and I really liked it. It had a well-written interesting environment (on an alien planet), and I would love to visit.
2. The Schuyler Sisters: An underrated female character
Deuce from the ENCLAVE series is pretty un-talked about, but I really enjoyed that series and the main character. If you haven’t read it yet, it’s really interesting!
3. My Shot: A character who goes after what they want no matter what
Vhalla from AIR AWAKENS has that sort of personality; she’s determined and willing to learn, and although I’ve only read the first book in the series so far, I’m really excited to see what she does in the next few books.
4. Stay Alive: A character you wish was still alive
(SPOILER) Stalker from the ENCLAVE series.
5. Burn: The most heartbreaking end to a relationship
The relationship between Lara Jean and John Ambrose McClaren. I really liked him more than I did Peter (oops).
6. You’ll Be Back: The sassiest villain
Warner from SHATTER ME. I know he slowly develops away from the evil character part, but I love how he was such a villain in the first book.
7. The Reynolds Pamphlet: A twist you didn’t see coming
That end in THE LOVE THAT SPLIT THE WORLD by Emily Henry. (bye)
8. Non-stop: A series you marathoned
SHATTER ME! I read the whole series in two days, I believe.
9. Satisfied: Favorite book with multiple POVs
I loved the LEGEND series, told in alternating POVs between Day and June.
10. Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story: A book you feel will be remembered throughout history
This is sorta already true but A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE. Even though it’s a play and not technically a book, it was still really interesting to read, and I’m sure many others will read it in the future.
11. Helpless: A relationship you were pulling for from the very start
Warner and Juliette from SHATTER ME—my loves. I love them so much.
12. Ten Duel Commandments: Favorite fight scene
Probably all the fight scenes in the ENCLAVE series. They were all so interesting and described in such detail, which I adored.
13. Say No to This: Guilty pleasure read
THE SELECTION series. I really enjoyed the first three books and THE HEIR, but I feel like I’m a lot less critical towards this series than I should when reviewing. BUT I adored reading this series initially, so I’m going down with this ship.
14. What Comes Next: A series you wish had more books
I really enjoyed THE HOST by Stephanie Meyer, and I really wish that she would publish the next books in the series soon! They’re called THE SEEKER and THE SOUL, respectively, but there hasn’t been any news (that I’m aware of) about them coming out soon.
15. Right Hand Man: Favorite brOTP
Probably Kenji and Adam in SHATTER ME. Although their friendship does really take a hit, since Adam is too busy being rude and insensitive, I really enjoyed their fun banter.
16. What’d I Miss: A book series you were late to reading
THRONE OF GLASS. I still haven’t started it but I know that I will nonetheless be late to reading it.